BABW Help and Tips
"Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January! BABW_smilelogo_circle_300

Come on and join in on the Fun!
BABW Help and Tips
"Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January! BABW_smilelogo_circle_300

Come on and join in on the Fun!
BABW Help and Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here you can find help, codes, answers and tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Please welcome RowenaStar
"Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:59 am by ChocoLuv

» This annoying add
"Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:58 am by ChocoLuv

» "Ask A Mod"
"Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:07 am by ChocoLuv

» "Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January!
"Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:17 am by ChocoLuv

» Wct Sign ups JaNEWary Closed
"Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:31 am by ChocoLuv

» February WCT Signups
"Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:02 pm by FayeTeddyBear

» Hey! I'm Ariana!
"Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 1:55 am by ChocoLuv

» {Alma's Creation} *Grand Opening*
"Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 1:16 am by NinjaLuvr

» Jingle Bells! Jingle Bells! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! What's that? It's the WCT for this week in December!
"Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 8:54 pm by ChocoLuv

Keywords
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Music

MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

"Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Foreva
Bear Paw
Bear Paw
Foreva

"Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January! Empty
PostSubject: "Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January!   "Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:28 pm

"Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January! 11111_11

~ About Chinese New Year ~

Chinese New Year is the most important of the traditional Chinese holidays. In China, it is known as "Spring Festival," the literal translation of the Chinese name 春節 (Pinyin: Chūn Jié), since the spring season in Chinese calendar starts with lichun, the first solar term in a Chinese calendar year. It marks the end of the winter season, analogous to the Western carnival. The festival begins on the first day of the first month (Chinese: 正月; pinyin: Zhēng Yuè) in the traditional Chinese calendar and ends with Lantern Festival which is on the 15th day. Chinese New Year's Eve, a day where Chinese families gather for their annual reunion dinner, is known as Chú Xī (除夕) or "Eve of the Passing Year." Because the Chinese calendar is lunisolar, the Chinese New Year is often referred to as the "Lunar New Year".

Chinese New Year is the longest and most important festivity in the Chinese calendar. The origin of Chinese New Year is itself centuries old and gains significance because of several myths and traditions. Chinese New Year is celebrated in countries and territories with significant Chinese populations, such as Mainland China, Hong Kong,[2] Indonesia, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore,[3] Taiwan, Thailand, and also in Chinatowns elsewhere. Chinese New Year is considered a major holiday for the Chinese and has had influence on the lunar new year celebrations of its geographic neighbors. These include Koreans (Seollal), and Bhutanese (Losar).

Within China, regional customs and traditions concerning the celebration of the Chinese new year vary widely. People will pour out their money to buy presents, decoration, material, food, and clothing. It is also the tradition that every family thoroughly cleans the house to sweep away any ill-fortune in hopes to make way for good incoming luck. Windows and doors will be decorated with red colour paper-cuts and couplets with popular themes of "good fortune" or "happiness", "wealth", and "longevity". On the Eve of Chinese New Year, supper is a feast with families. Food will include such items as pigs, ducks, chicken and sweet delicacies. The family will end the night with firecrackers. Early the next morning, children will greet their parents by wishing them a healthy and happy new year, and receive money in red paper envelopes. The Chinese New Year tradition is to reconcile, forget all grudges and sincerely wish peace and happiness for everyone.

Although the Chinese calendar traditionally does not use continuously numbered years, outside China its years are often numbered from the reign of the Yellow Emperor. But at least three different years numbered 1 are now used by various scholars, making the year beginning in 2012 AD the "Chinese Year" 4710, 4709, or 4649.[4]

Copied from Wiki, all credit to them. Picture Credit to Google, but I put the text on it.
Back to top Go down
http://role-playz-forever.forumotion.com/
ChocoLuv
Mod
Mod
ChocoLuv

"Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January! Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January!   "Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:33 am

AWESOME!! So..what's up people??
I celebrate Chinese New Year <3
I'm not Chinese though..
I'm not American either.
Guess guess guess! xD
Back to top Go down
Foreva
Bear Paw
Bear Paw
Foreva

PostSubject: Re: "Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January!   "Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:03 am

ChocoLuv wrote:
AWESOME!! So..what's up people??
I celebrate Chinese New Year <3
I'm not Chinese though..
I'm not American either.
Guess guess guess! xD

I'm not good at guessing.

Most of my answers are random, having to do with fruit.
Back to top Go down
http://role-playz-forever.forumotion.com/
ChocoLuv
Mod
Mod
ChocoLuv

PostSubject: Re: "Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January!   "Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:17 am

oh lol. haha :]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January!   "Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Ooh, a dragon! And fireworks! Where are we?" The Chinese New Year WCT for this week in January!
Page 1 of 1